The pre or early season is an ideal time for a coach to implement Performance Profiling of players to establish a good coaching direction for the season
Effective hockey coaches teach players to understand how to look for space, create space, and mark space. It is a major component of training practice
Learning the rules of the game, learning the skills and strategies of indoor hockey can be a challenge for new indoor coaches
In a culture that still focuses on results, it is imperative that hockey players are equipped to deal with the trials and triumphs of hockey competition. A growth mindset is imperative
How much time and effort do you put into developing your communication skills? Effective, successful coaches are most often effective communicators
Performance Analysis can help enhance the coaching process by providing statistical and video information as a result of using Performance Analysis tools
Taking eleven or more players with individual traits and developing them into a T.E.A.M. is as important as developing skill and game strategies. Doing it at the start of season is best
A year or two from now your players will not remember anything you taught them. But forever, they will remember how you made them feel.”
A hockey coach without a coaching philosophy is like a ship without a rudder. A philosophy provides you with direction, accountability, and internal motivation.
A hockey coach needs to consider many considerations when selecting a hockey system to play and then choosing the one the best suits.
STAY INFORMED JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
- Renowned hockey statistician BG Joshi passes away aged 67 after contracting coronavirus
- Malaysia are no match for Britain
- Maryland field hockey is grateful for the chance to compete in the Big Ten tournament
- COVID-19 concerns force FIH into u-turn on Presidential election and Congress plans
- Argentina tour gave us chance to assess our level ahead of Olympics, says Indian men's hockey team coach Graham Reid