Yoga can boost flexibility as well as improve core strength, both key attributes for goalkeepers
If you are looking to engage in any off season fitness program then it is suggested Pilates is a serious consideration
Being a goalkeeper can be pretty lonely and sometimes you will have very little to do. However, it is critical to stay focused during the whole game
Goalkeepers often only have a split second to react to shots, Therefore it is critical to work on your reflexes both on and off the field
Plyometric training can get you ready to make those explosive reactionary saves that are needed to become a successful goalkeeper
Goalkeeping is a specialist position that has specific rules that apply to its playing role. What are they?
Whether you are a hockey goalkeeper or a hockey coach, education for improvement is critical. Hockey goalkeeping education resources are not always easy to find in the one location …
There is one final task a goalkeeper should do at the end of a hockey season and that is thoroughly clean their goalie gear for storage until the next season
Being in a focused constant state of readiness, anticipation and decisiveness is skill goalkeepers need to devote time to learning
He is amazing so when two times FIH Goalkeeper of the year shares his goalkeeping tips it is worth a read.
STAY INFORMED JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
- Wananchi strengthen title defence with crushing win over DCU
- UNC field hockey assistant Caitlin Van Sickle brings renewed defensive focus to her alma mater
- Jangling nerves, high tempo matches, missed opportunities and one thrilling comeback: and it's only day four!
- Underdogs Chile produce big shock to beat Ireland
- South Africa sparkle in Women’s Hockey World Cup comeback