Category Archives: Hockey Fitness
It is extremely valuable for junior players as it is for older masters’ players. Improve your hockey performance through greater core stability and strength
The festive season down under is also a time for summer vacation and heading to the beach. It is also the perfect place for doing some hockey fitness training
Calisthenics can benefit both muscular and cardiovascular fitness, balance, agility and coordination. They are easy to perform anywhere anytime.
When it comes to improving hockey fitness levels both for performance improvement and injury prevention most people overlook two of the most important parts of their body – their feet
Hill workouts are the ideal fitness regime to improve speed and strength work. Different types or workouts can be used according to your purpose and period of season
In hockey one thing is certain—speed kills. Many different theories expound on improving speed, most centred on improving components of the stride. One method that’s proven effective is performing mini hurdle drills.
Chalking up’ the kilometres to build a strong aerobic fitness base seems like the obvious preseason training to do. Unfortunately this premise is outdated
Doing too much or too little fitness in the off season can be detrimental. An off season hockey fitness program should focus on rebalancing the body. Swimming is a great activity
Yoga, with its calm, slow movements, might not seem like it would be helpful for hockey players at first glance. But it is the perfect post season physical activity to keep you in shape and prepare for the next season.
The Soviets pioneered it the Americans named it. Plyometrics is the way to gaining that extra quickness and explosive strength
STAY INFORMED JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
- 6th Women’s Hockey Invitational Tournament - 27 March
- Hong Kong Hockey Quadrangular Tournament (men's)
- Hockey Haryana, Hockey Jharkhand, Hockey Madhya Pradesh, and Hockey Karnataka crowned Champions in their respective Zones in 1st Hockey India Junior Women Zonal Championships 2023
- Hockey Punjab, Hockey Unit of Tamil Nadu, Hockey Jharkhand, and Hockey Madhya Pradesh crowned Champions of 1st Hockey India Junior Men Zonal Championships 2023
- Cardiff & Met make Welsh hockey history with promotion to English top flight